Saturday, March 1, 2014

Wonder Mill, Whole Wheat, Refined Flour and Other Stuff about Wheat





A couple of decades ago, I encountered some really serious digestive issues.  I've taken control of my life and feel fine, but it took a lot of research and experimentation, with little to no help from the medical community.  In fact, the doctors, well meaning as they were, kept circling back around to removing my colon and giving me a colostomy to wear on my hip for the rest of my life.



Nope.





The World's Healthiest FoodsOne of my discoveries was about wheat and refined flour and just what a travesty we've heaped upon what is, truly, an amazing food.  You can read all about it here: The World's Healthiest Foods - Whole Wheat
To summarize, whole wheat is good -- refined, enriched white flour is very, very bad.

Wheat in its natural form lasts indefinitely and retains all its wholesome goodness.  Once the outer hull is breached -- ground into flour -- the nutrients start oxidizing until they're gone.  After 72 hours.  Solution?  Get a grain mill and a bag of wheat and grind your own!  Lots of fun, too!


Favorite grain mill: Pleasant Hill Grain - Wonder Mill

Info on grains and what they're used for: Pleasant Hill Grain - Grains  

For all you Star Trek fans out there - Triticale is real!

And here's my very first YouTube video of me using the Wonder Mill:
Wonder Mill - Grinding Wheat Flour Part 1 Evelyn Sabbag

Annnndddd, Part 2:
Wonder Mill - Grinding Wheat Flour Part 2 Evelyn Sabbag

Be kind.  Remember, first one!

No comments:

Post a Comment