Saturday, March 8, 2014

Boston Wine Festival and Other Truly Memorable Galas



Was feeling let down by the WGBH Downtown Abbey 'do, which caused me to be apprehensive about the Italian Wine Dinner as part of the Boston Wine Festival 2014.

At the Boston Harbor Hotel.  FYI - When Doug and I first brought the Triumph to Boston, we stayed in the mooring field just outside the hotel.  If you wait for the pictures to click around, you can see the field.

Oh.  My.  God.

First off, I didn't take any pictures of the food, wine setup or wait staff, because I wanted to just enjoy.  And enjoy I did.

The buffet had:
Lobster, clams, stone crab, swordfish, almond crusted sole, lamb, lamb meatballs, braised beef, eggplant rolled around spinach/feta, marinated seafood salad, roast beef, seared tuna, assorted cheeses, fruit, marinated vegetables, spinach Wellington, lemon meringue tarts, limoncello tarts, salted caramel tarts in chocolate shells, Tira Misu, pana cotta with strawberries, assorted cheesecakes with blueberry, strawberries and so on...

The wine selection (45 in all), were all from Italy with everything from Soave to Chianti to Brut to Moscato.

There were live musicians and the wait staff was incredible.

Tables overlooking the Harbor.  Did take one final picture of the view...

My faith is restored in Boston Galas.  Bring on the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment