Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hamburgers and Other Guilty Pleasures







Whenever I'm feeling down, whether by my own hand (hangover) or an external force (winter that drags on FOREVER), my favorite indulgence is a hamburger.

And not a (semi) healthy turkey burger, ground chicken burger or a veggie burger, but a fat-rich, cholesterol-laden, dripping with cheese and bacon 100% ground beef hamburger.  Okay, a bison burger is acceptable if it has bacon on it...






Recently, I was headed to the Union Oyster House in Boston, never having been to such an iconic place.  A half dozen oysters was $15.95.  Being a Florida girl, this horrified me.  Especially as the place next door, the Green Dragon Tavern, was proclaiming "Oysters $1."  I put down the menu and scuttled next door, where I ordered a dozen oysters and a Guinness.



While reading the specials, I discovered "The Bearded Dragon" - a burger that was so good and so sinful that it moved me to write a Yelp review.

Grilled beef, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, bacon, red onion, tomato, lettuce, and topped with a fried egg.

To quote Jimmy Buffett"  "Heaven on Earth with an onion slice..."
Burger with Onions

This got me to thinking about other burgers I've had in the area.  In no particular order, these are some of the good ones:
Wild Willy's - either the Bubba Burger or the Buffalo Bill.

Five Guys - whatever you want to pile on

Joe's American Bar & Grill - Joe's Signature Burger; love the bacon jam and usually get the sweet potato fries

With all of them, I'd highly recommend sharing an order of fries...

No comments:

Post a Comment