Monday, March 17, 2014

Mondays and Other Gray Things



Have to confess, some Mondays are just more Monday'ish than others.

Today, it's cold and gray and generally miserable.  Even if it is St. Patrick's Day.


Had a lovely Irish Boiled Dinner with friends last night.  Have to confess, she made a convert out of me.  All along, I thought I disliked Corned Beef and Cabbage.  Turns out, it was simply made incorrectly.  Her approach was flawless and delicious.  She used two kinds of brisket: New York and New England.  The former is dyed red and the latter is naturally gray.  Both were tasty, but I preferred the New England as it seemed to be better seasoned.

Can't say I will ever order this in a restaurant, because I can't be guaranteed that her recipe is followed, but I will keep a more open mind about Irish cuisine from here on in.

And, of course, soda bread will always be welcomed...

No comments:

Post a Comment