Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Book Trailers - Productive Ad Venue or Just Another Bad YouTube Video?


  



Over and over I've been told that I have to produce book trailers.  I must produce book trailers.  Life, civilization and everything I hold dear will come to an end if I don't produce a book trailer.

Ka-Boom!


Same will happen if I don't Tweet, Post, Email, Instagram, Pinterest, Hold Events, Upload to YouTube, Add Books on Goodreads and Comment on Blogs...

I'm attempting all of these venues.  In fact, I'm talking to a friend about producing one or more book trailers.  You lucky readers, you...  When material is ready, I'll upload it to YouTube.  There are sites that handle book trailers, but, much like agents, editors, publishing houses and book sites, they're inundated with requests and won't take you unless you come recommended by agents, editors, publishing house or book sites.  Round and round and round they go.  I'm riding the carousel, but hoping to grab the brass ring and exit successfully.





But maybe there isn't hope to get off the carousel; this engraving is from the early 1800's.  Maybe Sally was wrong.  Life isn't a cabaret, it's a carousel.

No comments:

Post a Comment