Friday, March 7, 2014

Nipped in the Butt and Other Quotable MisQuotes



I rarely go through a day without a quote or mantra or other trite saying.  An ex-husband had a family that was rife with misquotes.  Since I was constantly hammered for being "over edjicated..."  I usually held my tongue.  But sometimes, especially when alcohol was involved and a particularly funny expression popped out, I had to say something.

How true, how true...


Here are some of the most noteworthy:

Well I say we just nip this in the butt [nip this in the bud]...
You can trust that; it's an old wise tale [exact opposite - old wives tale]...
5 Sayings Most People Get Wrong

And on and on and on...

Ultimately, my ex got the last laugh.  He dumped me for a younger woman when I had a miscarriage.  They went on to have five children.  Happy and sad at the result...

I'm not bitter.

I live on a sailing yacht, S/V Triumph.



They live outside of Dayton Ohio.



No comments:

Post a Comment