Saturday, March 22, 2014

Talk Therapy and Other Modern Inventions





Recently, I've stepped WAAAAAY out of my comfort zone and participated in public conversations.  Facebook, Twitter, even this blog.  Being chronically shy, it has been difficult.  Especially when I get my knickers ripped any time I say anything.  Case in point is the micro-drama about  me not being an owner of my corporation, Triumph Ventures.
My approach to dealing with feeling dis'd is that I take action.  Since some people are impressed more with titles than with facts, my husband submitted our annual corporate report and announced me as the CEO.  Since I'm responsible for a lot of the strategy and vision, it makes sense.

The other thing that I do is I talk to my friends, my family and, especially, my mother.  A few years back, I confided in a doctor that I was feeling agitated.  I didn't want to take medication, to which he responded that I should participate in "Talk Therapy."  A form of therapy where you discuss what's going on in your life with a small, intimate circle of people you trust.

Huh.

Like my friends, family and, especially, my mother...

I'm WAAAAAAY ahead of the curve....

No comments:

Post a Comment