Monday, March 10, 2014

Navigating the New World of Publishing - A Hedgehog of Possibilities





Time and again I'm told that today's world of publishing is not about turning your book over to an agent and letting them and the publisher present it to the world.  Not at all.  With all the media available to the layperson, aspiring authors are now responsible for their own marketing.

And there are a lot of possibilities.  A veritable hedgehog of possibilities.  Hundreds of spines, all connected yet jutting out in different directions.  And easy to prick yourself on them if you set up your user name, email address, comment, posting, tweet or other public offering incorrectly.

I once owned a hedgehog.  Thought it was really cute right up until the pricks from its spines became infected and my hands swelled up.

Now that I've put myself out there--I have an author's page on Amazon, a giveaway on Goodreads, I even put out a Yelp review-- I guess it's time to sit back and wait for the pricks to become infected.  Or fight them.  Could definitely fight them...

No comments:

Post a Comment