Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Frontline - Social Media and all that Jazz


My husband does not care for social media in any form.  However, he knows that I'm looking for ways to market my books, Workshop 'Til You Drop and The Basement Office by E. Sabbag.  He was watching Frontline on PBS and came across a show about how social media is used for marketing.

Sure.

In his own supportive way, he became adamant that I contact YouTubers with thousands, millions of followers and send them copies of my books.  And he doesn't back off.  I finally left the room and hid out in my nest in the aft cabin.

Why don't I?  Lots of reasons, most of which I can't articulate.  First and foremost, that's not the audience.  But it did raise a good question and I decided to revisit my approach to social media...

First stop was to find out what is most popular on YouTube and who is producing it.

Unfortunately, I got derailed when I came across this:
74 Great Films To Watch on YouTube

Awesome!  Wizard of Gore amongst other gems.


Most of them I've seen, but really must watch Horror Hotel


and Sex Madness



I'll look into social media later  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment