Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dynamic Women in Business and Other Conferences

Today I attended the Harvard Business School Dynamic Women in Business Conference.  I don't attend a lot of conferences.  Okay, I don't attend ANY conferences.  But I do like this one.  They provide a decent lunch, breakfast and goody bags.  I get to network with other women in business and I hang out with one of my Holly Golightly friends.  And there are plenty of young, innocent women with big hopes and inane questions What can I do to succeed in business without any failures? that make me feel superior and happy.  And there are women who are leaders in industry that make me realize that anything is possible.

And...

On the way home, we stopped at Russell House Tavern, to charge an iPhone.  This restaurant/bar has an A/V room where you drop off your dead phones and they bring them back to life while you're dining and/or imbibing.  We had:
Maine Family Farms Steak Tartare
Toasted Caper Brioche, Quail Egg Yolk
Braised Beef Tongue Toast
Taleggio, Crispy Soft Poached Farm Egg
Old Monk 7yr (nice and caramel-ly)
Cannonball, Merlot
Sonoma County, CA — 2011

Then on to B&G Oysters (we weren't being pigs - another friend joined us):
Jonah Crab Fra Diavolo with homemade pasta
Dayboat Striped Bass with Za'tar
Seafood Cioppino with lobster broth - probably the best I've ever had...
A bottle of Austrian Red wine - I know, I know...  Don't get upset.  Two of the three dishes were in a tomato sauce.  Majority rules!

Cab ride home.

Conversation, hot buttered rum and a movie...

Good friends.  Good conference. Good day.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment