Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mash Stories - Shortlisted for January's Competition, "Gray" by E. Sabbag

Obviously, I'm a masochist.  After my last rant about contests and agent queries and traditional publishing, I've entered another writing contest.  This one appears to be pretty cool and I've been shortlisted for my story "Gray."  As part of the voting process, I'm supposed to garner votes, i.e. Kudos.

Please check out my entry and, if it seems to have what it takes to be a winner, please click on <Kudo>.  The winner isn't only selected by votes, but it doesn't hurt!
"Gray" by E. Sabbag 

As an interesting aside, the main critique was that the story ended on a trivial note. Since most of you know that this is slightly autobiographical (slightly? Hah!), I can attest that this was a really weird phenomenon. That is, while I was fighting for my life in the Atlantic Ocean, my thoughts were not grandiose and socially innovative, but trivial and focused on minutiae. The only thing I could come up with for an analysis is that when your brain is faced with the incomprehensible, it focuses on the trivial.

No comments:

Post a Comment