Thursday, April 17, 2014

Living Aboard - Questions, Questions, Questions...

Earlier I posted about the many questions I get asked from people who are curious about my life as a liveaboard.  Repeating a few here just to bring newbies up to date.
1. How do you stay warm?  I turn up the thermostat - two zone air conditioner/heaters keep us very comfortable.
2. What do you do for electricity/water/Internet?  Hook up and pay our bills - much like everyone else.
3. Where do you put your clothes, shoes and other personal stuff?  Closets, drawers, draped over the settee in the aft cabin because I'm too lazy to fold things and put them away.

But recently, I was presented with a comment that I'd never heard before.  And yes, technically, this post is about questions, but the comment required an answer, so it's an indirect question.

"I could never live on board a boat because of all the spiders."

Huh.

Me:  There aren't any spiders.
Sweet Elderly Lady (SEL): Boats always have spiders.  Lots of spiders.
Me:  Not my boat.
SEL:  All boats have spiders.  You must be very brave.
Me: No spiders.  No snakes.  No roaches.  No bugs or creepy crawlies of any kind.
SEL:  I hate spiders.  All boats have spiders.

Seriously.  No spiders.  You can peek at the accommodations.  The pictures have not been Photoshopped.  No spiders.  Really.

Triumph Charters - Come Sail with Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment